If you require on site emergency assistance of domestic
contractor please telephone our 24 hour emergency helpline on 046
9077358 (if calling from abroad: 00 353 46 77358). This telephone
number is for Vhi Home Claims assistance only. This service is
provided up to 7 days from return to Ireland, terms and conditions
conditions apply, see below
Please submit original invoice for repair work from
contractor when submitting your claim to us.
If you suffer unexpected events during your trip or within 7
days following your return home involving your home which
necessitates immediate remedial action to render the Home safe or
secure, avoid damage or further damage or restore the main
services. We will despatch a repairer chosen from Our national
database of approved tradesmen, to assess the situation and carry
out firstaid work, in the event of:
- Burst pipes or sudden leakage likely to cause damage to the
Home or its contents;
- Break-in or vandalism, compromising the security of the
- Storm damage causing ingress of water or likely to cause
further loss or damage to the Home or its contents;
- Impact damage by falling tree, or by a vehicle or plane or
- Failure of Your domestic water mains supply,Your gas supply,
electricity (on the domestic side of the supply authority's main
fuse), blockage or breaking or flooding of drains or sewers;
- A smashed toilet bowl or cistern, or breakage of the cistern's
internal mechanism which prevents flushing;
- Subsidence or heave or landslip causing sudden damage allowing
water to enter or compromising the security of Your Home by
breaking external windows, doors or their frames.
For each claim we will pay up to a maximum of €400 (including
VAT), for immediate repairs to stabilise the situation and remove
the emergency or to restore the normal operation of services,
comprising call-out, labour, parts and/or materials. What is not
- Dripping taps.
- Burst or leaking flexible hoses or leaking washing appliances
which You can isolate with a stop tap.
- Slow seepage from joints or gaskets which does not involve a
sudden escape of water.
- The results of hard water scaling deposits.
- Dripping overflows.
- fBlockage of soil or waste pipes from sinks, basins, bidets,
baths or showers.
- Blocked or misaligned guttering.
- Damage to boundary walls, hedges, fences and gates.
- Malfunctioning or blockage of septic tanks.
- Failure of any part of a central heating system, a warm air
unit or a water heater. However, this exclusion shall not apply to
burst pipes or sudden leakage likely to cause damage to the Home or
- Air locks or water hammer in central heating piping or
- Breakage of internal glass or of any basin, bath, bidet or
- Failure of any services where the problem is situated outside
the boundary of the plot of land on which Your Home is situated or
beyond the part of the sole or shared supply system or piping for
which You are legally responsible.
- The cost of effecting permanent repairs once the immediate
emergency situation has been resolved, including any redecoration
or making good the fabric of the Home.
- Damage to Home contents.
- Anything mentioned in the "General Exclusions".
If Your Home suffers damage during Your Trip, which is not
covered by the Travel Homecare Section, We can still arrange for a
repairer from Our list of approved tradesmen to contact You. You
will be responsible for the payment of all charges associated with
effecting the repair, including any call-out fee. You should
arrange to pay the repairer at the time the work is carried